ATTORNEY AND CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT, BARRETT B. DALY APC, October 1979 to Present
Provide legal and certified public accounting services to businesses and individual clients in the fields of corporate, taxation, contracts, finance, wills, trust estates, outside general counsel, chief financial officer and real estate. Primary representative clients include Unistar Plastics LLC, a manufacturer and distributor of plastic products of Harahan, Louisiana and Houston, Texas where I acted as outside general counsel, certified public accountant and chief financial officer for thirty domestic and foreign entities operating worldwide (including Brazil, Canada and Asia) since creation in December, 1995.
ATTORNEY AND CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT, NICOR Marine Inc (NOW Seacor Smit Lloyd), National Marine Service Incorporated AND TROPICAL SHIPPING USA. October, 1982 to May, 1987
Provided legal, tax and financial services to NICOR Marine Inc. (offshore supply boat charterer to oil field) and National Marine Services Incorporated (inland grain and chemical barge line and ship repair) and liaison to Tropical Shipping USA, all of which were then owned by NICOR Inc. Specialized in maritime law, including monitoring outside counsel defending litigation.
Arthur Andersen & Co.
January, 1979 to October, 1982
Certified Public accountant
Provided tax services to firm’s clients
- 1979, Louisiana
- 1991, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana and U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- 1997, Mississippi
- 1979, U.S. Tax Court
Law School Attended
- Tulane University School of Law, Class of 1979, J.D.
- University of New Orleans, Class of 1976, B.S., Accounting
Associations & Memberships
- New Orleans, Louisiana State (Member, Taxation Section, 1980—
- Solo Practitioners and Small Firm Section, 1990—
- Professional Economics and Law Office Management Committee, 1991—) and American (Member, Taxation Section, 1979—) Bar Associations